Tuesday, May 27, 2014

not an ideal morning

i woke up this morning earlier than usual. i had set my alarm so i would force myself to get out of bed and exercise before work. i don't know if because of this i slept like crap or i would have slept like crap anyhow but just before waking up i was dreaming about doing paperwork at work and getting yelled at for doing it wrong. terrible dreams coupled with unusually hot bed coupled with giant lazy fat motivation means i actually got up and did the workout. i did try to weasel my way out of it half way and i probably didn't put in as much effort as i could but i did it. yay!

so of course this change in schedule and the fact that today is tuesday, not monday, always throws me for a little loop. but no biggie. somehow erik convinced me to make his lunch. i think i drank less coffee than i normally would. but overall, ok start. 

which brings us to 8:05. ready (ish). i was rushing around (per usual): got my breakfast, brushed my teeth, got some more coffee, and ran out the door. (8:12)  two minutes later than ideal time but still with a bit of time (approximately 3 minutes) to spare so i didn't have to worry.  except, my car wouldn't start. because of all the hoopla of the rain or no rain (and i was trying to get old mcdonald's french fry smell out of my car) i had turned my car on to roll up the windows - got distracted, probably by erik and somehow forgot to turn off the car. just the battery part. it would be pretty sad if i had left the whole thing running and didn't notice. so my battery was dead. so weird and awful. and of course i don't have jumper cables. thankfully erik's dad had some contraption to jump start it. but definitely not the ideal way to start the day. 

  needless to say i'm not looking forward to the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment