Tuesday, October 6, 2009

fight number 17

Today started like any other day. I woke up didn't want to get out of bed. Eventually went downstairs to make Erik pancakes as he had asked for the night before. I made my lunch and coffee. Erik continued to sleep.
I went upstairs to find out if he wanted to eat the pancakes I just made and he said he'd rather sleep. Back downstairs for me to eat my pancakes in peace.
Back upstairs to finish getting ready for the day-pajama day at work. Its then that Erik informs me that he is not driving me to work today. A first since we've been living together.
I flipped. For some reason to me this means that he doesn't love me, doesn't care about me and driving me to work is more of a bother to his very important life. On top of this, I had just made breakfast! What does he have to do all day that driving me to work is such a hassle? If I drive myself to work, he won't even have a car!!
Now I know this is ridiculous of me to think this way. I left for work in a huff, pissed off and early than probably necessary. On the way to work, I thought about calling and apologizing but I'm too stubborn for that. Instead, I'm grumpy all day waiting for him to realize the err in his ways and then tonight he'll go to work and I will probably continue to be upset because nothing was solved. He'll have no idea that having him drive me to work makes me feel special and makes my coworkers jealous. Its also the one thing that we get to do together, even if we aren't really doing anything. On days that we're both working, we have a max of 2 hours together. When he's finally awake it's 4 am and I am not. Weird, huh?
I hate fighting, but I hate not winning and/or giving in. I guess I just wish he could understand where I'm coming from and realize that for some unknown reason this is important to me.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize this was such a big deal. Lets just pretend today was a holiday. Love you, you angry, beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete