Friday, November 1, 2013

i've recruited a buddy.

that's right amy has officially agreed to being my #30inthirty buddy. we even have our own google doc. that girl. she loves her google docs. periodically i will check in, let you know how it's going. any interesting stories that i may run into . ... hahaha get it? run. into. haha. i'm awesome.

for example, yesterday - as part of my yearly duties for being an adult - i was getting my car inspected. so i went on a walk to a) get fresh air because i'm pretty sure fresh air has saved me from becoming my husband* b) i had to go to the post office. c) i didn't want to hang out in the car place for 30 - 45 minutes. so i walked. unfortunately i had not thought about walking prior to my arriving at the car place so therefore i was wearing my lovely llbean slippers. which i often try to pass as shoes.
the problem with wearing these babies whilst walking for 45+ minutes? i have these little blister/rub spots on the tops of my feet. awesome, right? get your 30 miles with those!


 *(fantastic side note: last night erik asked me how on earth i've managed to stay healthy whilst he is basically dying. i truly am the healthier of the two of us. this rocks my socks beyond measure. he's all, "but i work outside, and i'm more active than you are and you work inside and sit around all day..." and i'm all yea but i a) have been drinking water like a fish because i figure if it can't stay in my body, i can't get sick right? b) i've been doing my best to get as much fresh air as possible. i open the window every time he leaves the bedroom... c) i leave the house often. i try to get up and not linger around him. mainly because he's irritable and i find that annoying but also because there are things to do and i have to get them done. and d) i'm trying to stay active. cooking, cleaning, moving... anything. so i'm happy to say, so far so good. although i'm only 75% sure that i've made it out alive and the slight sore throat, mild cough and drippy nose may mean i haven't made it out completely unscathed but i'm alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment