Wednesday, November 27, 2013

this morning

well i guess you could say that this morning started last night. last night as my entire schedule was thrown for a loop, the great husband said "it's going to rain tomorrow." me: "you're still going to wake up though. and when you do you'll wake me up and then we'll start our usual routine." him: "nope. i'm going to wake up at 7:37 and you're going to bring me coffee."

... well.. one of us sure woke up at 7:37. me. which made for some rushing around this morning. which always makes for some interesting stories.
1. i forgot how our new tv works so i turned on the ps4. that got his attention.
2. because i just got my hair cut again and she told me to use paste in my hair to keep it doing the things i want it to, i put this stuff in that's called spike glue. because that's what we have and it seems like a paste consistency. negative. it seems like a glue consistency. now i can't run my hands through my hair. i can't run a brush threw my hair. i might as well have just stuck some gum in it.
3. my outfit is acceptable.
4. i didn't eat breakfast.
5. i left my house late. i need a clock in my bathroom.
6. because i woke up so late, usually i have a chance to drink a cup of before work. since that didn't happen and i was rushing around, i tried to put the coffee pot back where the cups go.
7. it's raining.
8. as i'm rushing down the hallway, trying to figure out how to get my umbrella to work (again sans coffee in my mouth) i spilled probably 1/4 of my sole cup of coffee on my favorite skirt.
9. i didn't end up getting my umbrella open before getting to my car. but i also kinda hoped that some how the rain would wash out the glue. not so much.
10. as i'm leaving my parking lot with no coffee in my system, no breakfast, a lap filled with the coffee i wish was in my mouth, i turn my car around and there's another car. just sitting there. making it so i can't get out of the stinkin' driveway. lady - people have places to go. we're not just hanging out so we can see your benz.

so there you have it folks. another day, another glued hair, lack of coffee, stained skirt, irritable situation. what would make my day perfect is if for whatever reason my boss was like you know what? today - you can go home. just go home. save your skirt and your hair and we'll see you when the rain stops. until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment