Monday, September 14, 2009

erik! we have snails!

this morning i walked downstairs, in my usual morning blur, to make coffee. as i was walking over to the windows to open the shades, i felt a crunch under my foot. cereal was my first thought. i know i swept the day before but it has to have been possible for some cereal to sneak out and land in our mid should be if we had furniture living room. no biggie.

as i'm returning, few sips of coffee to awaken my stupor, i look at the crunch on the floor. that is not cereal. bug? ewwwwww.. but it looked weird for a bug. texas bugs. everything in texas is strange.

one more time downstairs, getting ready for my wonderful day of work. i'm about to run back up the stairs when i see something strange on the floor and the woodwork. do we have bugs? then...
ERIIIIIK! can you come here please!

........ WE HAVE SNAILS!

not only snails! we have baby snails. that can grow up and become big snails right in our house!

that's right. that crunch from earlier? crushed snail under my barefoot. and when erik opened the door, more snails waiting to sneak in under our misshapen door.

it still gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. escargot is not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment