Thursday, August 15, 2013

NSA: day 15

i'm starving today. and anyone who knows me knows that when i'm starving i'm irritable. being irritable and having a 10 year old running around the office is not a good combination. so far i've eaten a roasted almond granola bar, a boiled eggs and i'm on my second hand full of almonds. KEEP 'EM COMING!

yesterday was an interesting day. i left work in a pretty happy mood. contemplating getting an ipad mini, signing up for another half marathon in november and after three years at my job i finally filled out the paperwork to be a notary public! I FEEEEELLL THE POWER!

then i went to the grocery store. first, i pulled in and i couldn't park where i normally do. everyone was pulling out. if i had stopped moving i would have been smashed to pieces. awesome. then as i was standing in the deli line waiting for my number to be called, i could feel the tension rising within me. i wanted to punch the "new" guy. hard. in the face. here he is having a conversation with a woman that he wasn't even waiting on when i'm just standing there, waiting for what seemed to be at least 15 minutes. in all honesty, i have no idea how long i was waiting for but i can guarantee you that i could have had all my grocery shopping done by the time they called my number. AND then he got my order wrong. TWICE! TWICE! seriously? i asked for one and a half pounds. first he gave me a half pound. then i just left when he handed me a pound. one pound. i have no patience. then i had this cart that was a work out in itself. constantly pulling. the entire time i was there i could have burst into tears at any moment. or punched someone. but the tears were more likely to happen. it made me fearful for my husband's future. i mean, if i'm this bad now just imagine how i'll be when i'm older and less likely to hold things back? bad. it's gonna be bad.

all this to say, i meal planned. and i spent about $10 -$20 less than i usually would have. which is good. i held back on buying things where i normally would have bought two, i only bought one.
here are the meals that i'm planning on making: (i like giving myself meal ideas but not deadlines. some things i have to make before things go bad but i don't force myself to make things i don't want to eat.)

Healthy Chicken Tamale Pie

Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake


i'm also planning on making skinny enchiladas. my husband told me his co-worker just found out some bad news so i hope to make his family a little meal to hopefully make it easier for them. also, i'm nixing the sour cream/cream in these recipes. instead i use plain greek yogurt. that stuff is so versatile. i'll probably also make a quiche. i almost always make quiche. (yes i've used greek yogurt in that, too.)

i spent $128.71 + 16.06 leaves my remaining balance for the month at $55.23. considering the fact that i'm not going grocery shopping again except for (obviously due to stupido) lunch meat and probably milk until the 28th, i might just make it. but i bet since on the 28th i'll need to shop for the next two weeks i'll be over my budget unless i prorate it. aren't i sneaky?

i also bought gas ($36.52) but aside from that i haven't spent anything extra yet. go me! especially since i'm bombarded with emails and online discounts on a regular basis. sure i've left my full bags in random locations but i haven't had any urges that couldn't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment