Wednesday, August 7, 2013

NSA: day seven

well, day seven was kinda rough. actually shopping in this small town is what made it rough. having people over tonight so i figured i would make a dessert. i went through the cupboards/my pinterest boards to figure out something simple that i could make... i settled on these
s'more bars recipe

s'mores bars. the only items i needed were chocolate bars and fluff. (i even looked up the recipe for fluff to see if it would be less expensive to make it myself... that's a big negative.)

anyhow, so i go to my local grocery knowing that i need four things: milk, lunch meat, chocolate and fluff. in comparison to the amount of time, work, resources, and energy that would go into making fluff - that stuff is wildly inexpensive. i've whipped my own egg whites before. that is not an easy job.

grand total: $16.06. is it just me or is that ridiculous? i mean, the fluff was $2 for the large size because ... well why not it was only $.30 more and i just don't see the point. who wants a little  fluff? no one.

but still. four items for $16. that seems like a lot to me. maybe it's just because i'm limiting myself too much.

whatever. so i cooked my delicious s'more treat up and let me say. it seems delicious. i have to wait to eat it and i think in my over excitement of the fluff i overstuffed it because my top does NOT look like that but i can't wait. i put it in the fridge but i'm thinking maybe i should warm it up before i serve it... we'll see.

i also made pizza dough from scratch again. (did i mention friends are coming over for pizza? not just s'mores mess treats? no. oh yea, i actually had a meal plan of sorts.) so get this, i'm so excited about making the dough from scratch again i totally forgot that if you make pizza from scratch you need more than just dough. you need cheese and toppings and stuff. whelp. guess we're going to have to buy us some pizza because i'm not going back to that little store for toppings. no sireee, bob. so we can have cheese or broccoli pizza from scratch and then whatever i decide to order. yes that will come out of my wine money but in the end i think it's worth it.

so here's the break down:
$30.00 out of $50 for hospital fair; remaining $20
$16.78 out of $100 for fun money; remaining $83.22
$16.06 out of $200 for groceries; remaining $183.94 (and i have to go grocery shopping next wednesday. but i found two boxes of cereal in the cabinet! yay me! - i might have to rethink this grocery amount though. we'll see how it goes.)

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy!

    I'm in a contest with Wallis to win a trip to NYFW! If you get a chance, I'd love it if you could vote for me! Thanks! http://bit.ly/15vLhMj

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete