Friday, October 25, 2013

spell check

my spell check at work is on crack.

that's the only explanation for the things that happen. often, i am reprimanded by my boss for not catching a misspelled word and i've recently realized it's not my fault. when you spend most of your day deciphering someone's handwriting and formatting letters your typing becomes some what second nature. i type. a lot. when i'm not writing letters for work, i'm writing ridiculous long emails to my friends about the ridiculous things that happen. (of course, with discretion.) when i'm not writing to my friends, i'm blogging. hello. :) all typing. therefore, typing is something i often do with no thought behind. when you're typing someone else's thoughts and opinions often you have to shut off your own ways of doing things in order to write things the way they want it rather than how you think it should be. so i type. without thought. unless it's interesting in which case i do pay attention. but that's rare. .... my point being that i type and i don't pay much attention and therefore things come out of my fingers that i don't necessarily mean. i think my right hand is faster than my left hand. sue me. no please don't.

so when i'm done with a letter i run it through spell check and often times my boss will come back and say things like, what's this word mean, yo? what does ahve mean? find os in the dictionary for me please. yesterday alone, i found that my computer accepted iwth on two separate occasions but would not allow mischaracterized to be a word. i don't get it. but today, i laughed today i typed out

iwht

guess what my computer thought i meant to type.. 

guess... 

wrong. 

so wrong. or worng like i just typed... maybe i need typing classes. 

iwht = ahead. yup. demon spell checker right there. just trying to get me fired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment