Wednesday, February 17, 2010

pre-quarter life crisis part one + female stress syndrome.

reading this article about how woman aren't as happy as they used to be... i feel like it all comes down to choice. for example, i was raised by hippie parents who told me i could do anything. formality has told me that i need to be elegant, lady like, convince a man to love me - be the librarian and the stripper, as well as take care of him and dominate the rest of my life.
i'm supposed to have a meaningful job where i make a difference in the world. do something important. but i was never told what i needed to do. i'm fine with the things that i like to do, but they don't seem to be getting me any where. i have my degree. i apparently should be fighting for my field, getting my life situated and still enjoying it.
of course women are less satisfied than they were previously. we've been told we can do anything. we have options. but no one really states how when or where to start. i can do anything, but i have to go to the right schools, get the right jobs and know the right people in order to get there? how do i get that started? and with all these options, where do i start?
i knew i wanted to try living some place that i wasn't comfortable. i wanted to start fresh, see if i could make it. well now i'm here, now what? do i have to plan out everything in my life in order to get any where?


i have this problem where i don't live in the moment and therefore sometimes my life seems stressful when it's not really. i plan, i think, i analyze. i think through every possibility. this makes things less fun. but is my alternative not knowing or staying some where i don't want to be?
i've been given this opportunity to live fully. how am i supposed to be fulfilled? maybe (and this is no way anti-feminist) women have too much going on to be able to be happy and do everything. cause if you tell us that's what we can do, that's what we're gonna try. and then we become stress cases and have quarter life crises.

No comments:

Post a Comment