Monday, January 18, 2010

dreaming up a new life, or just an excuse to not go to work...

first and foremost, happy mlk! who else gets to work? yay, non-nh!!

but truly, i had this dream last night where i was at my parents house and we were having some sort of party with all the neighbors and my mom was trying to convince me not to go to work... or maybe in real life i was trying to come up with some useful excuse to not go to work today so i decided to dream one up...
but it got me thinking, what are all these crazy dreams about? i mean, i can understand thinking about how you would want something to be or thinking about different scenarios but seriously... some of my dreams are truly messed up.
one time, and this dream has haunted me for YEARS, i had this dream about 4 lobsters. well, two lobster couples. the lobster guys bought their lobgfs jewelry or something, but the lobgfs were like-- dude that ain't good enough. so they went to this store to pick out new jewelry but i was at the store trying to pick out a wedding cake for my friend who wasn't even engaged and i decided instead to try and get the smallest cake with the most amount of frosting.
can this really be something that's passed on through generations, too? apparently my grandmother, mom and i all have strange dreams like this all the time too... does that mean there's something wrong with us all?
where do these thoughts come from? i swear, i don't think them up on purpose. and if i did, why am i not committed? and why do they all attack me at night? and can anyone else explain how you can dream about something and have it come true? cause that's super freaky.

ugh. maybe it was too early to blog. sorry about the rant.

3 comments:

  1. Dreams of Lobster Men would be viewed as a blessing in Cantonese culture...so be sure and throw a frog over your right shoulder and urinate in a garbage can for great prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to work today, and I had a dream once where my ovaries fell out; neither of these things was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they weren't lobster men. they were lobsters that could talk. at least i could understand them. and i thought it was your left shoulder? hop three times while holding your big toe?

    is having your ovaries fall out like having your teeth fall out? either way, i feel for you sister. not fun.

    ReplyDelete